What listening to your body might look like post baby.
This can be confusing at times! Here are some general guidelines on how to tune in:
- Any leaking of pee, poo or farts (incontinence).
- Notice doming/coning/peaking up in the midline of the tummy in certain movements (diastasis recti or poor core control).
- Notice or feel heaviness/bulging/dragging down/pushing down/like a tampon falling out in either the vaginal or anal area (prolapse).
- Have pain (whether new or consistent) anywhere in the body, but particularly the pelvic and back region.
- Notice an area around your belly button that protrudes and may/may not have pain associated with it (hernia).
If you are experiencing any of the above, we recommend seeking professional services from people who are trained and specialised in dealing with womens health.
It is very important that your core and pelvic floor is looked after post baby. In fact, every woman, regardless of how old their child is, benefits from core and pelvic floor work! That is why DediKate offers three postpartum workout sessions that are new each week - Postpartum Pilates, Low Impact Workouts and our new Core Connect sessions.