Beyond being delicious and versatile, Salmon is one fish that packs a lot of nutritional punch!
There are many things to love about this flavourful fish. For starters it’s just plain delicious and certainly considered a bit of a treat, add to that the fact that you can eat it so many ways and you’ve got a great addition to a healthy diet right there.
We have put together a few points on why Salmon is just so good for you and also some delicious ideas for starting to incorporate it into your diet. Enjoy!
- Salmon is a great protein source! Protein is essential for so many important functions in your body, including bone health and the growth and repair of muscles. Just 100g of salmon contains around 25g of protein – enough to help you hit the recommended amount.
- Salmon is rich in ‘good’ fats, the essential ones like Omega 3. Omega 3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation in the body, help to reduce blood pressure, and are fantastic for healthy skin and hair!
- Salmon contains a high amount of Vitamin-B, which is responsible for giving us energy! Here’s to more of that!
- If you’re eating preserved salmon, or the bones are soft, you can eat these too! They’re an awesome source of bone building calcium.
Adding salmon to your diet is a delicious way to get lots of essential vitamins and minerals into that bod of yours – and there are so many ways to eat it!
Here are just a few ways we like to eat salmon:
- So delicious in salads, healthy alternative fish pies and wholegrain pasta dishes
- Smoked salmon in a poke bowl with rice, avocado, fresh greens, tomato and maybe a little soy sauce.
- Salmon steaks cooked in a pan with a little butter and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- If you’re lucky enough to have your hands on a whole fish, this is as simple as stuffing with lemons and a little cracked pepper, wrapping in buttered tinfoil and baking (or cooking on the BBQ!). Add a fresh salad and some potatoes and you’ve got yourself a delicious balanced meal right there!
- Sashimi (Kate’s favourite)
Don’t forget, DediKate members get an awesome 20% off High Country Salmon! High Country Salmon is a family run business near Twizel in the South Island of New Zealand. 100% of their salmon is sold within NZ and their salmon farm, processing unit and shop are all on sight! Check it out here!