These puddings make a fantastic snack packed with protein, fibre and carbs! A great dessert option or alternative to a not so healthy ‘sweet treat’ when you need a pick me up!
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Milk (can use regular cows milk, or almond, coconut, soy, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey
- Optional toppings – Berries, mint, fruit slices, nuts, seeds, coconut, yoghurt, etc!
- Measure milk, chia and maple syrup or honey into a bowl.
- Mix well, pour into two serving glasses then chill.
- After about 60 minutes give the mixture another stir. The chia tends to clump together so it’s a good idea to stir a few times in the initial stages of setting.
- Cover and leave for 3-4 hours – or overnight if you can.
- Top with your toppings of choice, or eat as is! We topped ours with fresh blueberries and a little mint and they were so good!
Let me know if you made these and what you thought. This recipe can also be added to if you feel like getting creative – cocoa, coconut, banana or even peanut butter would be delish!