With no refined sugar and made with wholemeal flour, these cookies are a great healthier Christmas baking option! They make a cute gift too, tie them with a bit of ribbon or add them to an Xmas hamper for someone special!
125g Butter – softened
4T Maple syrup
1 Egg yolk
2 ¼C Wholemeal flour
1Tbsp Ground ginger
1tsp Mixed spice
1tsp Baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter and maple syrup together then add the honey and egg yolk. Beat until combined.
- Stir in wholemeal flour, mixed spice, nutmeg and baking soda.
- Turn onto bench or board and knead well until smooth – this step is key!
- Shape into a disc, wrap in Gladwrap and refrigerate for around 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to about a half cm thickness and cut into Christmas shapes with a cookie cutter. Keep repeating this process until all the dough has been used.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until brown.
- We left ours un-iced to keep the added sugar to a minimum and opted to prick with a fork (the idea was to look like Christmas lights!) But you could add some small icing decorations to make them look a little special!
Makes around 30, depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
Join DediKate Today!
You Deserve It!
Christmas Mince Pies :Next Post
Summer Berry Cocktail