- 8 cups courgettes (for example 6 smallish ones if that helps!!)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or minced)
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
Toppings – your choice!
Try some of these delicious options:
- chopped onion
- shredded chicken
- small amounts of bacon or salami
- spring onion
- small amount of additional cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the courgettes with 1 teaspoon salt and set aside for 15 mins. Then squeeze the excess moisture out of the courgettes by wrapping them up in a clean towel or cloth and wringing it out, discard the water.
- Then place the courgettes back in the bowl and add the cheese, flour, garlic, oregano, basil and eggs. Mix all the ingredients together with your hands.
- Then press the mixture onto baking paper on an oven tray or pizza stone, into a pizza shape! We found it easier to make small pizzas, rather than large ones. Press the edges to make a crust.
- Transfer to oven and bake until the crust starts to brown.
- Add your desired toppings and additional cheese, and bake again until melted and delicious!
What toppings do you like on your pizza? Let me know if you give this recipe a go, I would love to know what you thought of it!
Get in touch with me at https://kateiveyfitness.co.nz/contact/
Join DediKate Today!
You Deserve It!
The Adult Lunch Box! :Next Post
Hydrate. Hydrate. Hydrate!