A little treat to help curb that sweet tooth! This is delicious and has the added bonus of all the goodness found in raspberries!
- 125 grams butter, at room temp
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dates, soaked overnight
- 1-1.5 cups raspberries (fresh or thawed frozen ones)
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a slice tray/dish with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, half the honey and half the maple syrup in a bowl until light and creamy. Add one of the eggs and the vanilla essence and beat until combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the mixture and stir. Then add the milk and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture into the slice tray and level it out.
- Then in a blender combine 1 cup of raspberries and the dates. Then add this over the mixture in the tray.
- Then in another bowl, combine remaining honey and maple syrup, 2 eggs and the coconut in a bowl. Then sprinkle this evenly over the raspberry mixture.
- Top with any remaining raspberries and bake for 25 mins or until golden.
- Cool in the pan.