Without a second thought, my favourite food is ribs. Nothing beats the sweet flavour, eating off the bone and licking your fingers!! So to have a healthy option, both the sauce and the meat – makes me so happy!
Check out this beautiful ribs recipe using AngusPure Grass fed short ribs. Purchase online at anguspure.co.nz and don’t forget DediKate members get 15% off (see Member Only Deals on DediKate for the discount code).
The Key Ingredient:
2.3 kg AngusPure beef short ribs – Serves 8
For the Marinade:
- Olive oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 150 grs grated ginger
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 5 sticks of celery
- 1 sliced onion
- 500 ml beef stock to cover
- Sea salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- Preheat the oven to 100ºC
- Place the ribs in a roasting dish, season with sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil. In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients to make the marinade, add the marinade to the ribs and leave it over night.
- Cover tightly with a double layer of tin foil, then cook for 7 to 8 hours, or until tender.
- Transfer the ribs to a baking tray. Skim away any fat.
- Place the roasting dish over a high heat on the hob and bring the juices to the boil. Simmer for around 2 minutes, then add the sauce ingredients and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove celery, garlic and onion.
- Brush the sauce and juice mixture onto the ribs so they are coated all over, then return the ribs to the oven for 20 to 40 minutes, or until sticky.
Pistachio Nut Biscuits :Next Post
Real Steps To Success