Without a second thought, my favourite food is ribs. Nothing beats the sweet flavour, eating off the bone and licking your fingers!! So to have a healthy option, both the sauce and the meat – makes me so happy!
Check out this beautiful ribs recipe using AngusPure Grass fed short ribs. Purchase online at anguspure.co.nz and don’t forget DediKate members get 15% off (see Member Only Deals on DediKate for the discount code).
The Key Ingredient:
2.3 kg AngusPure beef short ribs – Serves 8
For the Marinade:
- Olive oil
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 150 grs grated ginger
- 6 chopped garlic cloves
- 5 sticks of celery
- 1 sliced onion
- 500 ml beef stock to cover
- Sea salt and pepper
For the Sauce:
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- Preheat the oven to 100ºC
- Place the ribs in a roasting dish, season with sea salt and black pepper, drizzle with oil. In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients to make the marinade, add the marinade to the ribs and leave it over night.
- Cover tightly with a double layer of tin foil, then cook for 7 to 8 hours, or until tender.
- Transfer the ribs to a baking tray. Skim away any fat.
- Place the roasting dish over a high heat on the hob and bring the juices to the boil. Simmer for around 2 minutes, then add the sauce ingredients and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Remove celery, garlic and onion.
- Brush the sauce and juice mixture onto the ribs so they are coated all over, then return the ribs to the oven for 20 to 40 minutes, or until sticky.